Using your data
The personal data you share with Great Places Housing Group will only be used in a clearly defined number of ways and always within the rules set out in the Data Protection Act 1998.
Some of the most common ways we might use your information are listed below. So we will use data:
- Where you have provided information for a specific reason like setting up a new tenancy agreement
- To helps support you with services that meet your individual needs, for example, providing your correspondence in large print if you are visually impaired
- To make sure we are meeting our legal obligations, including those imposed under the Equalities Act and Health and Safety Acts
- To monitor how you are using our services and to help us plan future provision (we will use data anonymously in this case)
- To cross-check data to help us detect and prevent tenancy fraud and to help us with emergency response management
- Where we need to process data to protect individuals from harm or injury
- Where you have consented to data being processed
Protecting your data
As part of our commitment to protecting your personal data, we promise to:
- Keep it secure and safe
- Handle data responsibly, with respect for your confidentiality
- Only collect, hold and use personal data where it is necessary to provide a service to you
- Securely delete personal data when it is no longer needed
- Be open with you about how we use your information and who we may share your information with
Sharing your data
We may occasionally need to share your information with a third party who provides a service to you on our behalf, for example, our grounds maintenance or repairs contractors.
Where your information is disclosed to a third party, Great Places Housing Group will seek to ensure that the third party has sufficient systems and procedures in place to prevent the loss or misuse of personal data.
We may also share information where we have a legal obligation to do so under certain sections of the Data Protection Act, such as where it is necessary for the purposes of the prevention and/or detection of crime.
You are legally entitled to request access to your personal information held by Great Places Housing Group by making a Subject Access Request.
We will be happy to provide you with a copy of your information but there may be some situations where we will not be able to do this in full, including where information held was given in confidence or if it relates to a criminal proceeding. For further information please refer to the Access to Personal Information Procedure.
While we try to make sure any personal data we hold is correct, situations may change. If things do change please contact us to update the information we hold.
We will continually review and update this privacy notice to reflect changes in our services and comply with changes in the law.