Information about your repairs appointment
We know how important it is to provide our customers with a home that meets the highest standards and we never forget that our properties are your homes, so its vital we ensure that our repairs service supports this.
To do this we need your help, also as we very much see our relationship as a two-way one with responsibilities from you and from us to make sure you we all get the best from the service.
If you have recently booked an appointment for a repair it’s important you know what to expect and what we expect from you when we visit your home to carry out your repair.
What you can expect from us when we visit
- We will text you the day before you have an appointment to remind you, if this isn’t convenient please let us know as soon as possible
- We will text you when our operative is on their way and they will also call you just to check everything is ok for our visit
- When they call you they will also carry out a quick telephone assessment to confirm there are no changes in circumstances in relation to coronavirus (COVID) within your home
- On arrival our operative will show their ID badge so you can be confident to let them in your home safely and they will also make a final check with you to confirm that no-one has been unwell or showing symptoms
- Our operatives will be wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) and will follow a strict cleaning regime
- We will respect your home and cause the minimum inconvenience and clean up after their work is finished.
What we expect from you when we visit
- We expect you to be available when our operative attends and be supportive of the questions they need to ask
- Make sure that the area where our operative will need to work is clear and easily accessible
- Make sure that you keep a 2 metres distance whilst they carry out the repairs in your home
- Make sure the area where the repair is being carried out is well ventilated – open windows and doors
- Make sure that all internal doors in your home remain open, to minimise contact with door handles
- Make sure all residents in your home move to another room, as far away as possible from the room where the repair is being carried out
- We ask that you don’t smoke whilst the operative is working in your home and ideally just before they arrive.
What to do if you can’t make your appointment
We know how it important it is to you that we let you know if we cant make an appointment but it is also important that you let us know if you are not going to be available for your appointment.
If you are not in when we call not only does this mean wasted time and money for us it does also mean that we couldn’t offer your appointment to another customer who may still be waiting for their repair.
The sooner you let us know the sooner we can offer the appointment to someone else, this isn’t always possible if we only find out when we turn up.
If your appointment is no longer convenient for you and you would like to change it or cancel it , there are lots of ways you can do this:
- If your appointment is today then the quickest way to let us know is by using Ask Chatabot our virtual assistant who will able to put you through to one of our colleagues to help you
- If your appointment is for a date in the future you can still let us know by Ask Chatabot or you can login to the MyPlace online resident area and select amend a repair.
Chatabot is located at the bottom right of the website.