Go to homepage
Login to MyPlace

Great Places puts forward new home proposals in Heald Green

POSTED: 6/06/2022

Aerial view of Stanley Road Development in Heald Green


Great Places Housing Group is working with Clowes Developments to bring forward proposals for new homes on land to the east of Wilmslow Road and north of Stanley Road in Heald Green.

Stockport is growing and the demand for quality housing is greater than ever. It is our ambition to create a vibrant new community, in keeping with the aesthetic of the local area which will support the sustainable growth of Heald Green. The delivery of much-needed new homes will provide an opportunity for local families to get onto the housing ladder, as well as providing homes for older people seeking to downsize whilst retaining their independence.

We believe that the site has potential to be put to more beneficial use as it is surrounded on all sides by other developments, including:

All of these sites (including this site) are located within the Green Belt.  The site has been used as airport parking for a number of years and 50% of it is hard standing and as such is previously developed land.

Our proposals will seek full planning permission for 150 homes.  73% of the homes (delivered by Great Places) will be affordable with a mix of types and tenures.  The remaining 27% will be provided by Clowes Developments for market sale.

Our plans are to sensitively repurpose the site to help meet the local demand for new homes in Stockport. A new access point off Stanley Road will be developed along with new areas of public open space with a thoughtfully designed landscaping scheme.

Nick Gornall, our Director of Development said:

We are pleased to show our plans for Heald Green. Great Places has a strong track record in Stockport, and the North West in general, and this development gives us a great opportunity to continue building sustainable homes where there is high demand.

Alongside Clowes Development, our ambition for this development is to provide Heald Green with a vibrant, stylish and affordable community. Together, our developments represent an investment of over £30M into the local economy, supporting over 465 jobs during construction.

We look forward receiving feedback from the local community, which where possible, will be considered before submitting our planning application to Stockport Metropolitan Borough Council.

Marc Freeman, Development Director at Clowes Developments said:

We are delighted to be working with Great Places to bring forward our proposals.  We purchased the site in 2020 and have been drawing up our plans to deliver a scheme that provides sustainable housing in Heald Green.  We look forward to being part of the community.

Great Places Housing Group and Clowes Development Ltd will be hosting a public exhibition on 8 June 2022, between 2pm and 8pm at the Sylvia Roberts Guide Hall, Cross Road, Heald Green, SK8 3LW. Members of the project team will be available to answer any questions.

You can view the consultation material at: healdgreen.consultationonline.co.uk/ and record your views online. Or get in touch with the team on 0800 298 7040 or at  feedback@consultation-online.co.uk.