Home contents insurance
Great Places insure the structure of your home, but our cover doesn’t include what’s inside it (your furniture and your personal belongings).
If you have to replace the contents of your home, it could prove very expensive. We therefore recommend that you get your personal belongings insured against events including:
- Accidental damage
- Flooding / escape of water
Great Places work with a major insurer to offer home contents insurance that can be paid in weekly instalments, at very competitive rates. Unlike some insurances, on this scheme, exclusively for Great Places customers, there are no excesses – so nothing to pay in the event of a claim.
As a Great Places customer, you can apply for home contents insurance from as little as £2.99 a fortnight for £9,000 of cover*. You also get the first four weeks cover free.
Reasons to choose the cover:
- It covers replacement locks and keys if they are stolen or lost
- Being able to claim for the contents of fridge / freezer
- Accidental damage to TV and mobile phones
- Cover for damage to decorations from floods and leaks
- Claiming for replacement of accidental damage of windows
The policy is underwritten by Aviva Insurance Limited.
You can apply:
*Lower sums insured at lower rates are available for over 60’s.