Planned improvements to your home
To keep your home in good condition and to take account of how properties age we may need to improve or replace items such as:
- Windows and doors
We visit homes regularly to carry out routine inspections so we can see what might need completing in the future. We will:
- Assess the condition of key areas and parts of the property
- Use this information along with our knowledge about the life expectancy of key parts, fixtures and fittings to help us decide what needs replacing and when.
When things need repairing or replacing, we will develop a programme to work out how and when we do this so we can make sure that we deliver the best value for money for you — and offer you the best range of choices.
If and when your home is due for any of these works we will :
- Let you know what we are planning
- Explain when any upgrades or repairs are likely to happen
- Where appropriate, discuss the individual plans for your property with you and let you make choices on colours and designs
- Allocate you a Tenant Liaison Officer to support you through the work.
Making home improvement changes yourself
We appreciate that you may want to make changes and add your own personal touches to your home but you will need our permission before you can make any alterations. Please contact us to let us know about your plans and we will look into your request.
Please do not start making any structural changes to your home until we have approved your request.
If a fixture or fitting is still in working order, we will repair it rather than replace it, where we can.