Great Places Housing Group have been shortlisted in a national awards event that showcases the work of teams across a variety of functions in social housing finance.
The Housing Association National Accountancy (HANA) awards happen annually and Great Places have been shortlisted in the Best Risk Management category.
The award will go to the housing association demonstrating the most effective risk management strategy that is embedded throughout the organisation and is an integral part of its decision-making processes.
Judges will be looking for:
- effective and intelligent approaches to identifying, evaluating, and managing internal and external risks
- creative thinking and innovation in internal audit and assurance
successful strategies to:
- evaluate an organisation’s risk appetite
- ensure that a risk management culture is ingrained throughout an organisation
- embed an effective internal control framework
Great Places have been shortlisted alongside three other housing associations. Sharon Brown, Head of Business Assurance For Great Places, said: “We are delighted to have been nominated. This is a prestigious national awards event so it is great to have been shortlisted for the first time. It is testament to the hard work and commitment of everyone involved in the risk management process here at Great Places. Fingers crossed that we win!”.
The winners will be announced at the awards ceremony in London on 5 July 2018.