Report a repair
There are several different types of repairs — take a look at our guide below for how to deal with your repair.
These are repairs that are not classed as an emergency (see bullet points listed below under the Emergency Repairs section ) . You can easily report routine repairs to us in the Resident Area. We will then:
- We will acknowledge receipt of your repair
- Provide you with an appointment based on the options you have given us
- Text you to let you know when we are on our way to your repair
- Text you once your repair is completed to confirm that your repair has been finished to your satisfaction
What is classed an emergency?
- A complete loss of power — have you carried out a trip test to try and identify the problem?
- Having no heating or hot water in the winter
- A leak that cannot be contained
- Doors or ground floor windows that are insecure.
If your repair falls into the emergency category please call us on our local rate number 0300 123 1966
. Emergency repairs can be reported 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We will aim to attend your property to make safe or fix (where possible) any emergency repairs within four hours of you contacting us.
You are expected to share responsibility for looking after and maintaining your home and there are some things we expect you to do yourself such as:
- Replacing light bulbs and fuses
- Replacing toilet seats, chains and plugs
- Easing and adjusting internal doors
- Maintaining internal door handles, bolts and catches
- Replacing keys and lock changes if you lose your keys
- Unblocking toilets, sinks, showers and baths
- Internal decoration within your home
- Replacing batteries in smoke alarms and door bells
- Looking after your garden
If your repair falls into one of the categories above, take a look at our fixing a home repair hints and tips.
If there are pests in your home you will need to speak to the environamental services team at your local council or contact a specialist pest control company to have them removed.
We will then come and block up any entry points in your home once you confirm the pests have been removed. You can request this repair in the Resident Area.
We appreciate that you may want to make changes and add your own personal touches to your home but you will need our permission before you can make any alterations. Please contact us to let us know about your plans and we will look into your request.
Please do not start making any structural changes to your home until we have approved your request.