Housing associations are not for profit and independent organisations that own, let and manage low cost homes.
- are not part of the public sector but receive government funding to build new homes and restore communities
- are the UK’s major providers of new homes to rent
- sometimes offer homes for shared ownership to help people who can’t afford to buy a home outright (visit Plumlife, our affordable home ownership provider, for more information)
- offer support to some of the most vulnerable people in society like teenage parents and those with mental health needs
- work with other organisations to create jobs and bring pride back to areas
We are currently reviewing our approach to neighbourhood sustainability and will be publishing details of our role in your neighbourhood in the future. Watch this space...!